When: Tuesday evenings, February 27, March 6, March 13 from 6-7:30 p.m.
Where: The College of New Jersey’s Ewing Campus
Cost: $300 per participant
**Co-sponsored by TCNJ and SBDC**
Today, New Jersey business professionals were born and raised all over the world with countless home languages other than English. This diversity is a strength of our state but may also mean communication problems arise. One of the most common is with spoken English. Pronunciation challenges and accented spoken English are common, even for those who make great contributions to their teams. This workshop can help you overcome those language challenges and succeed in your career.
Who will benefit?
- Current or aspiring business leaders and managers who lack confidence in communicating verbally
- either in smaller groups with native English-speaking clients or government officials
- or in large, high-stakes presentations
- Team-oriented professionals who are rarely or never tapped for the big meeting/presentation
- Professionals who worry that they lose business or clients because they aren’t clearly understood
- Professionals who want to focus on specific accent challenges or polish their English speaking ability
First night: Individualized goal setting, scenario development, and field vocabulary development-(identifying gaps and needs analysis)
Second night: Client conversations and smaller meetings, developing a useful bank of conversational moves to make progress in the relationship and accent reduction
Third night: Presentational speech moves, techniques, and polish, along with accent reduction
This program is part of the work of TCNJ’s Center for American Language & Culture and is designed and deployed by their academic staff, Dr. Monica F. Jacobe and Dr. Amy L. Moyer. For full bios, click here: http://esl.tcnj.edu/people/
Please email email@example.com for more information. Register here.
Sponsored by America’s Small Business Development Center – New Jersey at The College of New Jersey (SBDC-NJ at TCNJ) a government funded resource that provides management and technical assistance to established small businesses and start ups throughout greater Mercer County, New Jersey. SBDC-NJ at TCNJ is supported by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the State of New Jersey, The College of New Jersey and Mercer County Office of Economic Development and Sustainability.