Earn a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in the USA with a 2+2 Year Program
Shanghai International Studies University (SISU) – College of International Programmes and The College of New Jersey (TCNJ)
What is TCNJ?
- A top university in the northern US, located in New Jersey, one hour from New York City.
- Ranked #1 public (state-funded) university in the Northern Region by U.S. News & World Report for the last 21 years.
- Highly selective university with a safe, residential campus.
- Focused on the undergraduate experience.
- Seven schools—Arts & Communication; Business; Humanities & Social Sciences; Education; Engineering; Nursing, Health, & Exercise Science; and Science—offering more than 50 liberal arts and professional programs.
What degree can I earn? Bachelor’s degrees available in:
- Business Administration (Finance, Interdisciplinary Business, Management, Marketing)
- International Studies with Global Business
- Computer Science
- And More!
What will I study at SISU?
Year 1: English Language, American Culture, and Academic Skills to Prepare for Study in the USA
Year 2: English Language, Math, Economics, and beginning Business Courses
What will I study in the USA?
Year 3: Summer English Finishing Program, Liberal Learning Courses, Writing, Major Courses
Year 4: Summer Internship, Major Courses and Upper Level Requirements
Am I guaranteed admission to TCNJ?
Yes. You must maintain a B average in coursework taken at SISU (60 on 70 pt. scale of SISU) and must obtain English score of 5.5 on IELTS or equivalent.
The Center provides TCNJ partners with support for English Language Learning overseas in a variety of ways. Our inaugural Pathway Program, formed with Shanghai International Studies University and TCNJ’s own School of Business, is enrolling for Fall 2015.
Students in the TCNJ-SISU Pathway program will study for two years at the campus of Shanghai International Studies University. In those four semesters, students will study:
- Two Semesters of Developmental English, earning Additive Credit at TCNJ
- Two Semesters of Foundational Courses in Math, Business, and English, earning Credit toward their TCNJ Degree.
In the Summer between Year Two and Year Three, students will attend the Summer Intensive Institute for ESL & American Studies, housed in CALC. This program will prepare them for success at TCNJ and in US higher education.
In Years Three and Beyond, students will study major course work, complete Liberal Learning requirements, and plan for their futures. Some students may need additional English support through CALC. Students are expected to graduate after two years with summer or winter term study, but all students will complete US-based study in less than three years.