For Summer 2017, the Center for American Language & Culture will be hosting a program geared specifically for high school aged (approximately 15 -18 years old) international students looking for a combined English language learning and college preparatory opportunity. This unique experience is aimed at equipping these students with both the English language skills to succeed at the college level, as well as, the background knowledge to integrate smoothly into a U.S. university environment.
This intensive 3 week program will run this summer from Sunday July 1- Saturday July 22, 2017.
In addition to classroom instruction, students will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of trips and cultural programming activities.
US Higher Education Exploration & Visits
College Prep Camp students will benefit from a diverse exposure to US higher education by visiting:
- Mercer County Community College, Trenton, NJ–A two-year, public community college.
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ–One of the oldest universities (Ivy League) in the US; a private research university.
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA–An urban, private research university with strong science education and research programs.
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA–One of the oldest universities (Ivy League) in the US; an urban, private research university.
- New York University, New York City, NY–An urban, private, research university.
- Baruch College, City University of New York, New York City, NY–An urban, public, liberal arts college.
- Independence Day activities in Philadelphia; July 4th fireworks and festivities in the birthplace of the nation.
- New York City–Bus Tour to Museum of Natural History, 9-11 Memorial, and Empire State Building.
- Princeton, NJ–Walking tour of university campus (as above), old town, and Albert Einstein’s home.
- Six Flags Great Adventure, Jackson, NJ–Beloved amusement park with thrill rides and a water park, Hurricane Harbor.
The comprehensive program fee for Summer 2017 is $4650 USD. This includes courses, afternoon & weekend programming, air-conditioned housing, and meals for the 3 week program.
Travel costs to and from campus must be paid for individually and beyond this charge.
We are offering 2 full scholarships (excluding I-20, visa, and travel costs) for the Academy program. To be considered for the scholarship awards, students must submit a complete program application. All students are considered for the scholarship funds upon submission of a complete application. No additional action is needed for scholarship consideration.